From: Fred Allen [mailto:fallen / leveltwo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 11:30 AM
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org; ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: FW: Ominous quietude

Dear Sirs and Mesdames:

Yesterday I executed the Windows Quick Install of Ruby's release 18.
4.17rc2. I'm running Windows XP.

When I initiate Ruby's interactive application (c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe) it
seems strangely inert.  No prompt appears on the opened window (exact
reproduction below). I believe the commands I tendered comport with the
languages' rules of composition, but they remain, alas, unrequited. If
any among you have a suggestion, I shall remain,

Gratefully yours,

Fred Allen

a = "Hello, world!"
puts a
a.class
puts 225/15

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information,
and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers,
hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.
All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Seminis. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Seminis accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.