On 5/10/06, Allison Newman <demallien / mac.com> wrote:> Maybe, but as I said, I'm a newbie when it comes to ruby, and really,> from where I stand, this looks to be a ruby thing, not a Rails thing.> Does the Ruby VM remember the types of variables even across sessions?> How do I start a VM session anyway?  How can I reset the VM?
There is no Ruby VM as you'd understand it. If you have somethingremembering the type of an object -- not a variable; variables aretypeless here -- then it is probably a Rails problem.
This is only something that could possibly affect long-running processes.
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca