On 9 May 2006, at 15:54, Jeff Pritchard wrote:

> Not to intrude on the hissy-fit over packaging schemes, but I'm
> interested in the stuff inside the gem in this case.  Would love to
> know
> what the author and others would propose to do with this interesting
> interface.

Staying on topic? Heresy! :-)

Looking at the example scripts:

     adwords = AdWords::API.new

     res = adwords.getCampaign(6000213)
     puts dumpObj(res)
     res = adwords.getAllAdWordsCampaigns(123)
     res.each {|c| puts dumpObj(c)}
     #adwords.getAllAdWordsCampaigns(123).each {|c| puts dumpObj(c)}
     c = AdWords::Campaign.new
     c.dailyBudget = 10000
     c.status = 'Paused'
     c.name = "Test P@ #{rand(10000)}"
     puts dumpObj(adwords.addCampaign(c).addCampaignReturn)

You have to admit those 11 lines show an awful lot of promise for
being able to help build better interfaces to replace Google's god-
awful system right now. The only thing it appears to be missing is
getting positional bid prices, or maybe I haven't looked closely enough.

What would be really useful is to make it ad-system agnostic - i.e.
produce a standard library that understood how to manage campaigns
and keywords over adwords, overture, and any other networks out
there. At that point, really clever and innovative interfaces become
possible. Do the other systems even have an API?