On Wed, 10 May 2006, tony summerfelt wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:07:38 +0900, you wrote:
>

>> Currently pretty much everything is folded but I was planning on
>> reducing this to just module/class/method definitions, multi-line
>
>> Any thoughts appreciated...
>
> occasionaly i get frustrated with folding by syntax that most of the
> ide's do, so i use cream for vim which defaults to manual folding.
> with easy access keys you can create folds or whatever lines you want.
>
> in my regular vim installation i have folding defaulted to marker but
> i find that tends to clutter up otherwise cluttered code :)

i simply bit the bullet and always use marker - it's very convenient if one
works with many many files since the folds endure when you close the file.
i'd also add folding of here-docs since, by definition, those are huge
multi-line blocks of string content that should nearly always be folded.

   s =
#--{{{
     <<-s
       this