From: "akrasia" <danxmstie / hotmail.com>

> A recent interest of mine involves using Ruby and C/C++ together to
> handle a more complex game. My goal is to have C/C++ handle all of the
> graphics via SDL or something similar and have Ruby handle all of the
> game logic (input, script handling, and such).
>
> Essentially, I'm looking for a basic, from-the-ground-up introduction to
> embedding Ruby in C/C++. I've had much experience with C/C++ and
> programming overall and I am using Linux for development.

Hi,

Not quite what you asked, but you might want to check out Gosu's
Ruby bindings: http://www.raschke.de/julian/gosu/

Since Ruby / Gosu is a C++ library providing input handling as well as
graphics, etc., and it has Ruby bindings to make the C++ library also
available from ruby, this may provide you with good embedding
examples.

Here's a recent post from Florian G. about a game written in Ruby / Gosu,
running on Win32 / OS X / Linux:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/187832

Screenshot: http://flgr.0x42.net/gdc72h-05/final.jpg

Hope this helps,