On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 23:43 +0900, benjohn / fysh.org wrote:
> > On May 8, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Victor Shepelev wrote:
> >
> >> Two questions:
> >> 1. Does somebody think it is useful?
> >
> > Yes, this is called Currying and has been written about a lot.
> >
> >> 2. Does somebody already done this in some library?
> >
> > http://rubymurray.rubyforge.org/
>
> *cough* :) I'd like to quote from the docs at the moment where I lost
> the plot...
>
> "You have a hole in your curried subroutine but want to add more spices
> after or fill out holes after your first hole."
>
> "Assuming no special spice before the hole, just put a hole in the hole."

Yeah, in truth it took me longer to figure out what the original Perl
docs were on about than it did to port the library :) Happily though the
basic usage is pretty simple - just arguments and possibly regular
holes. You wouldn't need to be combining spice and using the other
special spices most of the time.