R> those who code text editors with color highlighting :-). It has many
                                                                   ^^^^
R> different types of blocks delimiters: do .. end, { .. }.

 Euh, it has *2* types of blocks delimiters

R> This added complexity has no obvious advantage in readability IMHO, and
R> is bad for vi as the "%" command only works with simple delimiters.

 In this case, this is vi which is bad. :-)

 Personnaly, for readability, sometimes I prefer do ... end, sometimes {}

R> 2) When you create an object, you use the new method which call the
R> constructor method called initialize.
R> Why the constructor is not simply named new ?

 Look at [ruby-talk:4707]

 http://www.ruby-talk.com/4707

R> 4) To replace a single backslash with two, you need to write gsub(/\\/,

  http://www.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaq-9.html#ss9.18

 You can write '\&\&', only 4 characters

Guy Decoux