>>  Thanks, did exactly that, but when I run the AntFarm.rb of Dave Thomas, I
>> got the following
>>   error message:
>>
>>   /users/dnguyen/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb:7:in `require': No such file to load --
>> tcltklib (LoadError)
>>           from /users/dnguyen/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb:7
>>           from antfarm.rb:2:in `require'
>>           from antfarm.rb:2
>>
>>   Even though /users/dnguyen/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb does exist.
>>   What's still wrong?
>
> Do you have tcltklib.so?
> Perhaps in /users/dnguyen/lib/ruby/1.6/i586-linux?
>
> (actual dir name under 'ruby/1.6' can vary)

I've found that when you 'make' ruby from source under cygwin, tcltklib
does not get compiled. The reason seems to be a problem with the cygwin
header files. "tk.h" includes an X-header file <X11/Xlib.h>, but that
file is not part of the cygwin distribution. The result is that the
compilation of tcltklib fails *silently*, i.e., no error message appears,
you just don't get the tcltklib.so file.

IMHO, this should be addressed, but I'm not sure how. The best would be
if <X11/Xlib.h> was included by cygwin, but changing that is perhaps
difficult. At the least, Ruby could give an error message when tcltklib
cannot be compiled and the README file could contain some information
about how to obtain and install <X11/Xlib.h> for a cygwin distribution.

// Niklas