--cL7yl/vrJ3H+2NAz+Kl

--3BDkj9E+Wry7rjtJixj

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 04:08 +0900, James Britt wrote:

> But, as it stands, it may be a tough sell to ask for them from people
> who do not see that value.  It seems similar to asking people to provide
>   a *.msi version of the code so that I can use the Windows package manager.

A more accurate analogy would be asking software vendors to continue to
insert themselves in the "Add/Remove Programs" list. It's been the
standard for decades. To be clear, Debian is NOT complaining about the
work required to adapt source distributions to Debian's FHS layout.
Packagers have been doing that for a decade and will continue to do so.
They are asking people to not make it any harder.

--3BDkj9E+Wry7rjtJixj

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>