Wai-Sun Chia wrote:
> > [...]
> > T> meaning, the minute you could express the task in english, you can start
> >
> >  You could also express the task in another language :-)

> Exactly..not everybody's native language is English (including our
> fearless leader, matz).. ;-)
>
> So it's "Express what you want in whatever language you speak"
> EWYWIWLYS
> (god knows how to pronounce that! ;-p)

Yep; at first I had "human language". But that sounded too complicated
to quickly explain what I want to say. Also: languages that started as
humn/human language could some day be understood by computers/whatever
machines, thus becoming human/machine languages like tody's programming
languages (which could become machine/machine languages). Anyways; the
current wording is:

http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/

After Perl's TIMTOWTDI ['Tim-Toady'] (there is more than one way to do
it), now there's Ruby's EWYW (express what you want), meaning, the
minute you could express the task in english (or in any other
human/human language), you can start to write Ruby code (RTFM still
applies, as for any language); some say their thoughts flow directly
into the code. Aspects of Ruby that make that possible are: it's very
high level; the principle of least surprise; very nice and natural
control structures; readable code is possible; simple things are simple
and complex things are not complicated.

Tobi
--
Tobias Reif