On 06/05/06, Eli Bendersky <eliben / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
[...]
> the second print prints: "Errno::ENOENT" - is this a kind of exception ?

Yes: Errno::ENOENT < SystemCallError < StandardError < Exception

> How can I find out which exceptions are actually thrown by standard Ruby
> classes, without looking at the source code or deciphering them with
> .class ?

Well, you said it. Look up in the sources and (maybe) documentation or
collect some empirical evidence. Note that what exceptions descend
from SystemCallErrors depends on the OS, and are a subset of those
defined in sys/errno.h.

Ciao,
Stefano