Talha Oktay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you all for the posts. They were all helpful and inspiring. I am
> neither live in States(I live in Turkey) nor a native speaker and Louis J.
> Scoras presented my problem beautifully much better than I could. So I
> especially thank him for that.

[snip]

I am not trying to say your concerns are not valid. But every
newbie comes to Ruby and wants to change it.

My advice is always: Use it for 90 days as it is, and then think
about it some more.

The top things, as I recall, that people insist Ruby absolutely
HAS TO HAVE are:

1. significant whitespace as in Python
2. braces instead of keyword...end
3. static typing
4. variable declarations

But in my opinion Ruby doesn't "have to have" any of these things.
In fact, Ruby evolved from languages that had those things. It
evolved away from them, not toward them.

Humans' evolutionary forebears might feel that gills or a tail or
full-body fur are indispensable. I as a human do not feel a special
need for them.

Hal