"Dave Thomas" <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote in message
news:%Vgb7.18898$si.278035 / e420r-atl3.usenetserver.com...
> Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:

> I don't want to be contentious, and I'm certainly willing to be swayed
> on this issue. Could you give a real-world example of this?

A database operation where Rollback is not supported. Rollback is only
called in case of an error. Errors happen infrequently. The function will
happily run on a lesser database interface until an error occurs.
Then at failure, the database is left in some strange state.

Mikkel