I'd like to announce a (rather) new programming languages project I'm
maintaining, which is called PLEAC and is located here:

http://pleac.sourceforge.net/

Basically, the aim is to rewrite Perl CookBook's code in other programming
languages, to:

- better learn the given language while writing some code
- better see the differences and strengths of the languages
- provide a quick reference for language comparisons
- provide an easy resource for quick learning of some languages field
  (file IOs, string manipulation, etc)

- and, erhm, advocate the graphical layout of my Emacs configuration ;p

I've provided the web infrastructure enabling syntaxically colorized
sourcecode, and imported the Perl code from what's given for free at
oreilly (also, the copyright stuff has been addressed with oreilly).

I'm currently in the effort of writing the Ruby code (it's nearing 25%
now, since the 5 first chapters are completed - that's: strings, numbers,
dates, arrays, hashes) and I need to say that I'm learning lots of Ruby
features while doing so, not being a Ruby expert :-).

Well, if anyone of you is interested in contributing in any way (help with
the Ruby implementation, patches on my (silly?) Ruby implementation,
founding a new implementation in another interesting programming
language) or even go there and take a look on what's going on... well,
the URL is above ;p.

You may subscribe to the ML if interested (see the web for details).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/