Robert Klemme wrote:
> If you're not doing it for the fun of it: there are already vector and
> matrix classes for Ruby plus libraries for manipulating them like
> narray (see the RAA).

I have seen and downloaded narray.

I don't use it because it is usually more hassle to
get stuff like that running and learn how to use it
and then find out that it is not quite what you've
been looking for after all than just DIY...

I am sitting here in a Hotel room with a newbought,
virgin Windoze notebook. I don't even want to try
to estimate how long it will take me to get the
compiler, utilities and whatnot up and running to
even _start_ to compile narray.
But if I can get no-hassle installable binaries
somewhere, I'll be happy to give it a chance.

Regards, Frank