Cool, this sounds like a plan David. This was exactly what I wanted my
email to achieve. While we Ruby programmer's love the power and
flexibility of re-opening classes, there are probably times when we
all want to lock things down. Having the *option* of doing this
shouldn't hurt anything, in my opinion.

FYI, I'm not sure if what you propose is possible in pure Ruby (at
least easily), so if you can hack C you might have to look into making
a C extension or a patch to the interpreter. Hopefully it won't be so
bad though.

Regards,
Ryan