Eli Green <eli.green / codedogs.ca> writes:

> I don't think rubicon is 100% there yet ... with the latest rubyunits and
> rubicon, even my FreeBSD machine gives off some weird errors while doing a
> make test -- and ruby runs fantastically under FreeBSD.

Rubicon definitely isn't there under any OS other than Linux, for the
basic reason that I haven't done any work in getting in consistent on
those platforms. I'm just starting to experiment with getting it to
run under W2K/Cygwin, and in the process found some hidden incorrect
assumptions in some of the tests. These I've fixed. I'm sure that the
BSD series will reveal more of these, and I'd be very, very happy to
integrate patches to rectify these. All I ask is that we don't
eliminate a test simply because it doesn't run: let's first establish
whether it _should_ run.

I'm very keen to build rubicon into an effective verification suite
for Ruby across all supported platforms. I feel that it will help
greatly to have some kind of centralized place we can reference to
answer questions about what runs and what doesn't run on a particular
OS. If anyone wants to contribute to this, please feel free. The
latest rubicon is in the src/ CVS repository.

Many thanks

Dave