Geert Fannes wrote:
> If I start the server code on a DIFFERENT machine (same OS (slackware 10.2), 
> same ruby version (1.8.4)) and replace "localhost" with the server machine 
> name in the client code, the server gives as output:
>
> receiving something
>
> and the client crashes with this message:
>
> (druby://ivon:1234) /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/drb/drb.rb:733:in `open': 
> druby://localhost:32816 - #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - 
> connect(2)> (DRb::DRbConnError)
>   
I had a similar problem about 6 months ago and ... crap!  I can't 
remember what I did to fix it!

I seem to remember having to change something in the /etc/hosts file on 
my client pc to get it to work.  Sorry I can't be more specific; I think 
the brain cells that were holding that memory must have died off.

If I can remember what I did, I will email you.

Jamey Cribbs

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email and any materials contained in any attachments is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the intended recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.