A couple of questions.

1. Does this contributed code have to be
intentionally obfuscated? Or just suboptimal?

I have plenty of the latter... code that was
thrown together in a hurry and poorly designed.

I guess the idea of ameliorating really garbled
code makes for a good contest... but I think I
would like it even better if the code were more
real-world. By analogy, a makeover on a person
would be more interesting if the person didn't start
out in a clown suit.

2. Also, are there length limits or guidelines? I was
thinking of submitting a little bug-tracking system
that's about 600 lines long. This is something I
actually wrote for a little team of six developers,
but we ended up not needing it. It works, but it is
ugly and was never refactored.

Cheers,
Hal