On August  4, 2001 06:51 am, you wrote:
> "David Alan Black" <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote in message
> news:g9Sa7.35691$WD1.1946407 / e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com...
>
> > class.  Shuffling is a more method-like concept.  It's also a general
> > enough thing that you could make a case for adding it directly to
> > class Array.
> Another useful method is rotate(n). Rotate is modulo length and can be
> signed to rotate in the other direction. Note that negative modulo should
> be used with care in this case because signed modulo has different
> interpretations. Here it means the same as modulo the absolute value, -
> "just in the other direction".
> The positive direction is from lower index to higher index.
>
> Mikkel

Both of these are pretty cool...
<newbie> are these in class array already?</newbie>
I guess if they aren't I can just write an implementation to mixin anytime I
want that.  I did the same thing for dice to use a standard RPG notation:

class Fixnum
   def d(m)
         total = 0
         self.times { total += rand(m).to_i +1 }