On 5/4/06, Pistos Christou <jesusrubsyou.5.pistos / geoshell.com> wrote:
> Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> > I cannot recall. Something about that I wanted a lightweight editor,
> > that would work both in console and gui mode, highly portable, using
> > unicode, and scriptable in our favorite language.
> >
> > I am using TextMate, until again I find time/money to do editor.
>
> I'm surprised a bit at your responses in this thread.  :)  I thought you
> totally abandoned AEditor because you were so enamoured by TextMate.  :)

Even though TextMate has many interesting things, it still feels like I am
missing certain stuff. I have'nt yet started analyzing what that stuff is.
Some pointers about TextMate (Sorry Allan):
- non-free.
- mac only.
- gui only.
- sideways scrolling could be better.
- no block caret ala Turbo Pascal.
- sometimes too intelligent.
- bad vertical scrolling for bottom/top parts of a file.
+ I want to advertise for its cmd+T that quick-opens files, its amazing.

I sometimes want a editor that can go fullscreen, where you cannot be disturbed
by anything, so one can code.

These items is what I immediately can think of.
I am relatively satisfied with TM.

--
Simon Strandgaard