"David Alan Black" <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote in message
news:xNRa7.10809$5j7.533357 / e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com...

> Except that's really the symbol syntax, not specific to arguments
> of attr.  So you're suddenly using a symbol as an lvalue.

Right.
I should study Ruby a lot more to give any qualified suggestions.
Is there any human readable grammar of the language?. I know the pickaxe
book has small subgrammars in different places, but I haven't seen any full
grammar.

> My problem with "shared" is that I don't get what it is.  Is it a
> synonym for #type?

Yes, according to your example it is. I did however not make any sharp
distinction between internal access (like using @@) and external access to
the class, hence I did not require an accessor - but then I see no point in
redefining what Ruby already does perfectly well.

Mikkel