Eric Hodel wrote:
> On May 2, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

>>> propagated

>>> their
>>> If the RForum software works as-is, I am willing to host a mailing list
>>> <-> forum bridge, whether temporarily or permanently.
>>
>> Please don't. I'm not against ruby-forum in general, but the quality
>> of posts is generally much lower with minimal information from
>> ruby-forum than from the mailing list or the newsgroup.
>
> And I've seen forum replies come without context, or under a different
> name, or in a new thread.  This makes answering them very difficult.

And I've seen emails on the mailing list with the same problems. I don't
think cutting off that part of the Ruby community is the solution. I'm
more in favor of some of the other suggestions, such as an explicit
statement about how the forum is a mailing list gateway (although it
_is_ on the main page, right under the forum name), maybe a posting of
the newsgroup FAQ, and requiring people to create an account.
Personally, I use the mailing list most of the time, but different
people have different preferences.

Just my opinion.

-Justin