On 5/3/06, Michal <lists+rubytalk / box.cz> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I bought "Red Letter" subscription after initial announcement
> and have been waiting for the magazine to come out ever since.
>
> Even worse -- "Sam" doesn't reply to my e-mails, so I'm getting
> a bit weirded out that I got scammed.
>
> Am I the only one who bought the subscription and never heard
> back?

I'd contacted Sam about writing for the magazine, and pestered
him occasionally about information.  I also submitted an article
outline in the late February timeline.

Initially, he seemed responsive, but I've not heard back from him
since I submitted the outline.  So, while I didn't buy a subscription,
I'm also feeling a bit weirded out by the whole thing -- which makes
me feel doubly bad because I 'spread the word' with a blog post
about Red Letter.

> I feel I got scammed and considering chargebacking on the
> transaction ... but I guess that it wouldn't hurt to get
> "second opinion" before I do that.

I'd be interested in hearing more responses, but I don't think
this would be a bad idea.

--
thanks,
-pate