"Tyler Prete" <psyonic / gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried to apply the coupon from the first edition book to get
> the new PDF and it does not work (unless I am doing something
> wrong.) This isn't surprising, but it would be very nice as someone
> else has mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, that was me. In the back of the book it doesn't say anything
about edition differences, but if you follow the link it lists, you'll
find this:

> Note that if a book has multiple editions, the combo pack gets the
> PDF which matches the edition of the paper book (for example, a
> first edition paper book will receive a first edition PDF)

Totally reasonable; it wouldn't have hurt for me to have looked into
it further before jumping to conclusions. Anyway, I'm glad they've
chosen to work on this updated edition so soon. I'm sure they're
breaking some kind of record for shortest interval between editions.

-Phil