------art_18033_29519124.1146513012924

On 5/1/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> > I would normally agree with you, but this is not a design problem
> > or a domain-conceptualization problem.
>
> I doubt your problem is really that special.

it's special in respect to the fact that goes against the boundaries of the
language, so it cannot necessarily rely on beautiful 'natural' constructs
that apply within the conceptual boundaries of the language.

> It's a language-twisting problem that imposes otherwise unimportant
> > constraints on what I can and cannot do.
>
> If you're doing something this ugly you're probably doing something
> very wrong.

Eric, how would you do it?

recipe "breakfast" do
  eggs = 2, :big
  bacon = 3
end

this should add to a global hash (or return directly) the following:

{
  :eggs => [2,:big],
  :bacon => [3]
}