"John Gabriele" <jmg3000 / gmail.com> writes:
> I use vim often these days, and have tried emacs for a time, but
> didn't see any difference regarding one being harder than the other
> wrt dvorak vs. qwerty. Regardless of keyboard layout, emacs keys
> seemed a bit more consistent, but I ended up using vim instead for
> other reasons.

IIRC the vi navigational keys are arranged such that they all fall on
the qwerty home row.

> Also, emacs always gave me that eerie feeling that it was thinking
> about things behind my back. Like it was just allowing me to edit text
> as one of it's low-priority background tasks (to humor me perhaps)
> while silently carrying on with its own affairs. ;)

Well, you can always (setq self-awareness nil) but where's the fun in
that? It's no coincidence... Lisp was originally used as an AI
language. =) You pretty much have to come to grips with the fact that
Emacs is smarter than you are... Once you do that everything falls
into place comfortably.

-Phil