"Simon Strandgaard" <neoneye / gmail.com> writes:

> I cannot recall. Something about that I wanted a lightweight editor,
> that would work both in console and gui mode, highly portable, using
> unicode, and scriptable in our favorite language.

A few things I've noticed:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/diakonos/
http://www.lypanov.net/xml/development/ruvi.xml

You're not the first person to want these things, that's for sure.

>> Also, I saw on your site that you switched to dvorak. I switched a
>> couple years ago and my hands are much happier. :)
>
> Having used dvorak for ~6 months I have switched back to qwerty,
> because most keybindings favors qwerty :-(
> Using vim in dvorak mode was interesting.

Heh. Dvorak was the main reason I chose Emacs over Vim several years
ago. I'm happy with the way things turned out, even if I didn't have a
great reason to start out with.

-Phil Hagelberg