Hi all,

I've started to write my own editor (in c) which shall be extendible by via
Ruby. I have a question about the design, as this is a 'from scratch'
approach I'm taking do you think I should write the basics in C and then
wrap it up with ruby or should I impliment with reliance on the Ruby types
from the start? For example, say I have a simple buffer object:

typedef struct _BUFFER {
    char *filename;
    char *name;
} Buffer;

Should I use Data_Wrap_Struct() to wrap this up or should I build a class
from scratch in Ruby using Ruby types. Either way the editor remains
extendible in C and Ruby but once I go for the second option embedding any
other enterpriter (Python, Perl...) goes out of the window.

Let me know your thoughts (which aren't allowed to include "do we really
need another editor" :)).

Cheers,
Phil