On 4/28/06, Jake McArthur <jake.mcarthur / gmail.com> wrote:> FYI, the most often used convention is to use {} for single line> blocks and do..end for multiline blocks.>> - Jake McArthur
This is an oft-used convention, but it is probably wrong. I am leaningmore and more toward Jim Weirich's view, where one uses do/end forblocks that do not return a meaningful value and {} for blocks that doreturn a meaningful value, and using parenthesis to ensure binding.
The only exception for this is in DSL environments where I don't wantto expose the idiosyncratic behaviour and therefore tend to encouragedo/end only.
-austin
> On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:39 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:>> > What is -- mostly -- a matter of taste is the use of {} vs do/end in> > blocks. There is a binding precedence issue.>>>

--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca