i dislike the use of 'end' (just about the only think i *don't* like in
ruby). so, since everybody is saying that this is just a matter of
taste, why won't this work:

class Hello
{
attr_reader :msg
def initialize
{
@msg = "Hello, World"
}
}
h = Hello.new
puts h.msg
print "Press RETURN"
$stdin.gets

Or what about this:

def fib(n)
{
if (n<2)
{
}
else
{
fib(n-2)+fib(n-1)
}
}
print(fib(20), "\n");

in other words, i'm more comfortable with {} coming from C,C++, & C# so
what are the precise syntax rules for substituting {} for 'end'? is
there anything wrong with how i structured my code above? I keep getting
syntax errors & "odd number list for Hash" errors, & i'm pretty sure it
has something to do with my syntax, since both of these work in their
original form (using 'end'). obviously, ruby thinks i'm trying to create
a hash. so, how can i use {} instead of 'end' w/o confusing ruby?

Thanks!