On Apr 28, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Christian Neukirchen wrote:

> Kevin Tew <tewk / tewk.com> writes:
>
>> The control structure of
>> Pugs::Compiler::Rules, continuation passing style(CPS), is easily
>> implemented in Ruby using Procs.
>
> Does that scale given Ruby does not perform tail call optimization?

Maybe not, but on the other hand, ruby does have real continuations.
Maybe he can try doing CPS with Cs instead of Procs.

I personally think this is kind of a silly idea. Perl6 rules are
cool, but they are very very Perl. Regular expressions on steroids,
not very OO. I think a ruby in ruby project would be much better
served by a parser combinator library. The problem is having a
performant one in ruby.