Greetings.
	I've been trying to get Ruby to compile/run under QNX's RTOS (the free
download one), and it's remarkable how easy it's been so far... =)

The interpreter itself works just fine:

manhattan ~% ruby
require 'cgi'
print "\nMatz' code is really portable...\n"

Matz' code is really portable...

manhattan ~%

Ok, so far so good ... it can read the entire "cgi" module and not freak out,
so I figure that's a good sign for the parser/interpreter. However, the minute
I try and load a .so:

manhattan ~% ruby
require 'socket'
unknown symbol: rb_eSecurityError
unknown symbol: rb_cSymbol
... it goes on like this for a while ...
unknown symbol: rb_obj_is_kind_of
-:1:in 'require': Unresolved symbols - /opt/lib/ruby/1.6/x86-nto-qnx/socket.so
(LoadError)
        from -:1

So when it tries to load a .so, the symbols within the ruby binary itself are
not being loaded! Is this something that anybody has come across on other
platforms, or is it an oddity of the QNX linker/runtime?

I'm going to try building it with --enable-shared and see if that helps at
all. I'll bug the QNX guys about it, too. I just thought I'd bring it up here.
Perl/Python both have ports to this platform, and don't appear to have this
problem .. but maybe they built those with shared library cores. =)

--
Eli Green
Connection closed by foreign host.