On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 02:56 +0900, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

>  What I wnat to do seems to be simple: I want to write a script
>  with vim and -- without saveing it -- pass it to the ruby interpreter
>  and get back the output including stderr AND stdout back into a new
>  buffer.

I've wanted this myself, but never quite got there.

* You can use :w !ruby to run the current buffer without saving it and
  see the output.
* You can use :r !ruby % to run the current buffer AFTER saving it and
  and get it's output to the same buffer.
* You can use :e to open new buffers

I've never found a good way to bring them together into a nice round
trip shortcut, and unfortunately I don't know if they'll suit your needs
anyway since :r still writes out a temporary file...