Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  sorry for this offtopic mail, but I asked this on the vim-user
>  mailing list and git no answer...
>
>  What I wnat to do seems to be simple: I want to write a script
>  with vim and -- without saveing it -- pass it to the ruby interpreter
>  and get back the output including stderr AND stdout back into a new
>  buffer.
>
>  this.possible? && if true
> 	anser = how.ask(self)
>  end
>
>  Evening.nice!
>  mcc
>
>  :)

I pulled this from the web, or the mailing list, somewhere..... a google
on it should point you to the correct author...

in .gvimrc/.vimrc add

map <C-I> :!rm -f /tmp/*put<C-M> :w /tmp/input<C-M> :!/bin/ruby
/tmp/input > /tmp/output 2>&1<C-M> :vs +e! /tmp/output<C-M><C-W>l

map <C-L> <C-W>o

short form of descriptions
<CTRL-I> execute and paste results in left side of vertical split
<CTRL-L><CTRL-W>  close left side of vertical split