On Apr 27, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Robert Dober wrote:

> On 4/27/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 27, 2006, at 8:01 AM, dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
>>
>>> I gues "Are you kiddin'?!" is a bit of a stretch -- though
>>> possible --
>>> but consider:
>>>
>>>   "I'm just not sure...." he said.
>>
>> You bring up some good points.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>

> This is jewel James, but just tell me what will they become than?

If I understood the question correctly, David is trying to show that
it is not too rare to have lengthy punctuation, which will be seen as
words to scramble:

   "Are you kiddin<<<'?!" >>>he said.
   "I'm just not sure<<<..." >>>he said.

The first and last characters of those would be anchored, but the
middle punctuation might move:

   "Are you kiddin<<<'!" ?>>>he said.
   "I'm just not sure<<< ."..>>>he said.

Hope that make sense.