--_147083645.ALT

At 03:33 PM 8/1/01 , you wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I think what you have done is great. Have you ever had a look at log4j
>
> (<http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html>http://jakarta.apache.or
> g/log4j/docs/index.html) a Java logging package which allows you to
> conditionnally activate logging in various part of the code depending on the
> content of a config file... I just wish we had a log4r or something like we
> have RUnit (the equivalent of JUnit).

I haven't looked at log4j. I was mostly working off a Java logging tool I did
in 1997, letting Ruby's features guide my changes. I will now survey a bunch of
tools for new ideas, log4j and these:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Class_L
ibraries/Logging/

I hope Ruby-trace will be good enough that becomes the natural choice for Ruby
logging.

--
Brian Marick, marick / testing.com
www.testing.com - Software testing services and resources

--_147083645.ALT

At 03:33 PM 8/1/01 , you wrote: <br>
look at log4j
(<a hrefttp://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html">http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html</a>)
a Java logging package which allows you to conditionnally activate
logging in various part of the code depending on the content of a config
file... I just wish we had a log4r or something like we have RUnit (the
I haven't looked at log4j. I was mostly working off a Java logging tool I
did in 1997, letting Ruby's features guide my changes. I will now survey
a bunch of tools for new ideas, log4j and these:<br>
<a hrefttp://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Class_Libraries/Logging/" eudora
utourl">http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Class_Libraries/Logging/<br>
</a>I hope Ruby-trace will be good enough that becomes the natural choice
for Ruby logging. <br>
- Software testing services and resources</div>

--_147083645.ALT--