On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 02 August 2001 07:13 am, you wrote:
>
> > What I would like to know now is: Does ruby have a simple method to detect
> > whether a form was submitted via POST or GET?
>
> What's wrong with ENV['REQUEST_METHOD'] ?

Well, mainly that the HTTP server doesn't seem to be setting that in the environment. :/ So, I was hoping that someone would suggest something different.

I'm trying to get the server's owner to upgrade. Seems that a few things are broken on here. And I'm finding more by the day. :/

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to do things "the right way" like that. But I was hoping for an interim solution to see if what I have so far works.

I guess I'll wait if no one has a better idea.

--Matt

(Yes, ENV['REQUEST_METHOD'] was my first try...)