On Wednesday 26 April 2006 04:33 am, Jeff Rose wrote:
> For example, the whole concept of filtering ranges of text through
> commands is really genius.  It mixes in perfectly with the unix
> mentality, and it lets you compose your own commands from a simple set
> of primitives.

Can you give an example?  The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if that is
something fundamentally better / different than the macro language facility
in nedit.  With that, you can select some text, then run a macro against it
to do almost anything you want.

(You do have to write the macro, but nedit also has keystroke recording which
can give you a good start on many macros.  (Almost??) every keyboard command
is available in the macro language, along with others which have no keyboard
counterpart (the first example that comes to mind are looping constructs.)

Randy Kramer