I'm having exactly the same problem (as the one below).  When loading
any file into the debugger on my WinXP laptop, it appears that it the
debugger is trying to debug

> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ubygems.rb:4:require 'rubygems'

and not the file loaded.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

I'm using the Pragmatic Programmers' Installer for Windows:
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Scott Taylor