On 4/25/06, SleepJunk13 <SleepJunk13 / gmail.com> wrote:

> I know of RadRails. I use it to work on my Rails apps, but it's testing
> and debugging isn't great. I don't need rails support in what I'm doing.
> Just a nice ruby editor.

Myself and a lot of other people swear by VIM (www.vim.org) for Ruby
editing and for most other editing. It can take a while to learn, but
once you do it is extremely powerful. It is also available on just
about every OS you can imagine. Today at work I did Java coding on
Windows using VIM, then just now I did some Ruby coding on Windows at
home, and later I'll be coding C++ on BeOS using VIM. I started using
it on Linux.

Plus once you know VIM you'll be able to use the standard vi installed
on most Unixes (though you'll miss all the nice VIM features.)

Regards,
Ryan