------art_7666_16890201.1145955751488

Hi,

Thank you all for all yours posts. I really appreciate. I was wrong about
geometry managers. I guess the form geometry manager is not in standard Tk
distribution.

However, I have stopped my parallel development on Tk, and I will try
information you provided some other time for learning purposes. I continue
my development using Gtk binding. So far, I am quite pleased with the
documentation, tutorials and available GTK tools existing. However my
question is still pending about integration to Gtk main loop.
I had following observations in windows platform about using threads.
In windows platform, threads are not being scheduled against gtk main loop(
this is also valid for tk main loop as well). When I open a socket and bind
it in the thread, it sits there. Gtk main loop does not leave control to the
thread. As fork is not available in windows platforms I have downloaded the
win32-utils process module and tying to use that but could not be successful
so far.  Mostly due to my lack of understanding the parallel programming
using processes I guess. I am much accustomed to using threads.

Again thank you all.