Ruby-folk:

    Sorry about that :(

    Well, you have to tell it that the Perl, Python or PHP interpreter
is /usr/local/bin/ruby (or wherever you put your executable) in the
Preferences dialog under whichever you choose.

    Then, go into the File Associations dialog of Preferences, and
delete the *.rb extension, and recreate it, assigning it the file type
you just worked on. This will "trick" Komodo into thinking that Ruby
files are Perl, Python or PHP files and will bring up the
context-sensitive menu items associated with those three languages (thus
allowing you to run/debug Ruby inside the IDE).

    This, of course, will break the run/debug abilities of whichever one
of the three (Perl, Python, PHP) that you pick, but I use neither Python
nor PHP, so it was no sweat to break Python.

To recap:

    1. Preferences->{Perl, Python, PHP}->Use This Interpreter-><add
location of Ruby executable>
    2. Preferences->File Associations-><select *.rb>->Remove Association

    3. Preferences->File Associations-><add the *.rb back, with an
association to whichever you chose in #1>

    It must be noted that this, of course, will break syntax
highlighting, but not code folding or any other feature of Komodo (that
I can see, anyway). It still does the job, sort of, but only where
Python and Ruby syntax overlap. Still, if you don't care that much about
syntax highlighting, this is a quick-and-dirty way to create yourself a
real Ruby IDE. Anyway, cheers and good luck!

Tobias DiPasquale
Solaris System Administator - Villanova University
<http://www.ece.vill.edu>
Security/Anti-Virus Applications Engineer - CyberSoft, Inc.
<http://www.cybersoft.com>
mailto: anany / ece.vill.edu