On 4/24/06, Robert Feldt <robert.feldt / gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments? Good? Bad? Worth the effort? What about moving FreeRIDE onto
> something like Inertia? Much more freedom in what can be
> visualized/done since there is no GUI framework restricting us...

I've had thoughts that SDL could be used for a "native" Ruby GUI, and
this just proves that it is entirely possible, if not a good idea.
Certainly within the context of a self-contained "Squeak-like"
programming environment, it makes sense. Adding OpenGL into the mix
just sweetens the pot.

It would be nice if we could build off of Mike's work on Intertia, but
if that isn't possible, we at least have his work as a
proof-of-concept, and 1500 lines of Ruby code isn't too bad for what
Inertia can do.

Much like Guido's plea in the Python community, we probably just need
someone to spearhead this effort. Has anyone contacted Mike about
this? Mike are you listening?

Ryan