Nope - they're running on two different hosts - those hosts that would
then also run the "storage service" (DB; rinda; ...whatever) as well.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Benedikt Heinen wrote:
>

>> I'm currently looking for a data storage backend for a little pet project
>> of
>> mine. The catch is - two systems are running the software and need to be
>> able to access data (r/w), and it needs to continue function, if either of
>> the two goes down (i.e. just putting a DB on one of the two isn't going to
>> help).
>>
>> It doesn't need to be ultra-high performance or anything (peak load would
>> likely be around a dozen accesses a minute).
>>
>> So far I've looked at postgres (and pg_cluster), which doesn't seem to
>> fail-over/recover all that well.
>>
>> Mysql clusters seem to need three hosts (I'm stuck with two).
>>

>> So, does anyone know of a free DB that could handle this?
>>

>> Alternatively - does rinda offer persistence / fault-tolerance?
>>
>> ....any other contenders?    (doesn't need to be sql; the data structures
>> are not too complex)
>
> are your two processes on the same machine?
>
> -a
> --
> be kind whenever possible... it is always possible.
> - h.h. the 14th dali lama

   ALLIANCE, n.  In international politics, the union of two thieves who
     have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that
     they cannot separately plunder a third.
 			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)