Ruby folk rejoice!!

    I found an IDE for Ruby in the most unlikely place. ActiveState. Some
of you may know them as the Perl for Windows people (as I did, until last
night). Anyway, their Komodo IDE has syntax-highlighting for Ruby and code
folding and has some neat XML/XSL features as well. It's based off of the
Mozilla engine (which places it as the only Linux-available competitor to
the technology M$ employs in VS.NET). You can even trick it into
executing/debugging Ruby programs!!

    Anyway, it runs on Linux, Solaris and Windows, although all you M$
users out there will require a license, whereas Linux and Solaris users do
not (a good reason to switch to Linux/Solaris if I ever heard one). Anyway,
just thought I'd let everyone know all about this. It's got all the cool
features of VS.NET, but you don't have to pay $350 for it!

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/index/

P.S. Here's a little tip, though. Don't try to switch to the Modern Theme
in Mozilla while running Komodo...

Tobias DiPasquale
Solaris System Adminstrator - Villanova University
<http://www.ece.vill.edu>
Security/Anti-Virus Application Engineer - CyberSoft, Inc.
<http://www.cybersoft.com>