On 4/21/06, Phil Hagelberg <phil / hagelb.org> wrote:

> I have to say I am in favor of making quizzes of varying
> difficulty. Like some others here, I've been a bit intimidated by all
> the heavy meta stuff in the past, but with varying difficulty I can
> work my way up to the tough stuff.

I agree with you, and I'm very experienced with Ruby. In most cases
the toughness is just in the problem itself, not even the Ruby aspects
of it. I don't usually have time to solve those, but problems like
this which can be done in an hour or so are fun and worthwhile. Plus
all the various solutions usually provide some nice insights (even
from newbies!)

If a problem is so tough that it is even hard to read a solution, let
alone code one, I think the value of the quiz is diminished some. So
I'd suggest we try to keep most quizzes on the easy side and throw in
a few complicated ones now and then.

Actually in hindsight this seems to be the pattern, so keep it up! ;)

Ryan