There is a thread about using .NET's CLR as a backend for Ruby, but how
about using Perl6's backend?

I went to a Perl6 preview talk last night by Damian Conway and one of the
things he mentioned was that Perl6's runtime and VM are being totally
rewritten to improve performance.  Perl6 will also make easier to use
different frontend language parsers.

I know that there is a project called shiny that is working on a Ruby
frontend to the current Perl5, supposedly Perl6  makes this easier.
Does Ruby map well to the Perl backend?

Perhaps Perl6's backend could be the Open Source world's alternative to
..NET's CLR?  It would be interesting if we could have a Ruby frontend
available for Perl6 soon after it is released.

BTW: From Damian's talk it does look like Perl6 will have a lot of cool
features.  (See: http://www.yetanother.org/damian/talks/Perl6.v2.pdf )
But the OO aspects are still rather clunky compared to Ruby.

Phil