I am pleased to announce the latest release of FXRuby, the Ruby language
bindings for the FOX GUI toolkit. FOX is a C++-based toolkit for developing
graphical user interfaces easily and effectively. It offers a wide, and
growing, collection of widgets, and provides state-of-the-art facilities
such as drag-and-drop, selection, as well as OpenGL widgets for 3-D
graphical manipulation. FOX also implements icons, images, and
user-convenience features such as status line help and tooltips.

The FXRuby home page is here:

    http://fxruby.sourceforge.net

and the source tarball can be downloaded here:

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fxruby/FXRuby-0.99.174.tar.gz

A completely "self-contained" binary installer for Windows, intended
specifically for use with the Pragmatic Programmer's Ruby 1.6.4 distribution
for Windows, is also available for download here:

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fxruby/FXRuby-0.99.174-win32.exe

This is very much an alpha-quality release, although the basic functionality
is all in place. Please see the comments on the home page concerning the
problems with this release, or the change log to see what has changed since
the previous release.

Note that this release of FXRuby depends on FOX version 0.99.174, which can
be downloaded from here:

    ftp://ftp.cfdrc.com/pub/FOX/fox-0.99.174.tar.gz

Please feel free to send me any questions or comments, and watch this space
for future announcements!

Lyle