James Byrne <byrnejb / harte-lyne.ca> writes:

> Having started with TECO (the pre-cambrian forebearer of EMACS) on a
> VT-52 and later graduating to EDI and then EDT on VT-100s, my mind was
> poisoned long before I ran into vi(m).  That said, I am loath to learn
> yet another editor unless I have a strong motive.

Just think of it as an excuse to learn more Lisp! (That's a great
motive for me, but I guess not everyone is as crazy as I am. I do find
it quite rewarding, though, and you can't beat the flexibility.)

> However, inline completion of API methods is a compelling argument
> to change if necessary.  I take it that there is no possiblity of
> obtaining this functionality for Ruby/Rails in vim?

I don't think the autocomplete is what vim is lacking but rather the
transparent sftp editing. You may be able to add that functionality; I
haven't really looked into it.

-Phil